Friday 27 July 2007

A Long Day

Something woke me today at 4.20 am and I couldn't get back to sleep. Finally gave in at 5 am, got up and did the ironing (ok, some of the ironing) and made a batch of blueberry muffins. I was going to take a photograph they looked so yummy but the batteries were dead on my camera and someone (he knows who he is) has been at my secret battery store. By the time I'd got out to buy new batteries this was all that was left of the muffins. Such is life in a house full of men!


Spent most of the morning finishing the Gold Book. I know it looks like the last one but there are subtle differences.



And then I had a play with my embellisher. I embellished some wool fibres from Scottish Fibres onto kunin felt. Thank you to Helen for the inspiration. However when I tried to burn away the felt the fibres started to scorch adding a brown tinge! Not quite the effect I was after but I quite like it. Might add some stitch and see what happens! I did take some before and after photos but they were out of focus - not having much luck with the camera today! This is another attempt at an "after."


Now I'm exhausted and think I might just sleep!
PS Thank you Julie for telling me how to move my pictures where I want them. I'm starting to get the hang of this now.

3 comments:

  1. yup I get some scorching too... It all happens so fast. Gina the gold book is lovely. Can I ask what the central green texture is on the colse up?... machine embroidery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi gina. thanks for visiting my blog and linking mine on yours. i have been to your site before, as i remember seeing those beautiful books. welcome to opus! it's a ton of work and well worth it. glad to hear you like machine embroidery, as i prefer hand embroidery. maybe we will be good yin and yang classmates.

    maggie
    portland maine
    usa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you didn't resist the blogging bug for long! lol :)) Your gold books are beautiful - what a great way to use rust-dyed fabric. I love these embellished wool fibres and the scorching(bet the smell was interesting!). It already has the look of landscape about it. Thank you for the link to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.