Monday 24 September 2007

Rubbings

I've devoted a large part of today getting to grips with my first assignment of my first module with Opus which has involved taking lots of rubbings of different surfaces using wax crayons, oil pastels, markal paintsticks and candles . It's been so much fun and has felt like being back at playschool. It is wonderfully liberating to feel I've got permission to play... all day! So the following is a selection of today's efforts...


Lace and tree bark...


Corrugated card...





Print block made from garden sticks...





Above a print block made from coffee stirrers and garden ties and below one made from foam shapes...






And finally my favourite... a rubbing taken from my cutting mat, which was an accidental discovery but such a fabulous surface.




I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms though and think I'll have to get my sewing machine out tomorrow! But for now I'd better get the dinner on before the family start complaining!

7 comments:

  1. These are all great! My favorites are the corrugated one and your cutting mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! The cutting mat one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day. Yes, the cutting mat is lovely. Did you print onto a coloured ground? or paint on top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all fantastic. I have to agree with the others, the cutting mat piece has great marks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree the cutting mat is a gorgeous reslut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful blog and many inspirations for me! Take care Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something tells me you are going to enjoy your Opus course very much. These are lovely as you said and I agree especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.