Saturday 13 October 2007

Hello Mr Sock!

The knitting and Stitching show was excellent as always with some fabulous exhibitions... hard to single out what I liked best but some of the new graduates' work was amazing (daunting too for a new undergraduate), the standard of work in the Pfaff exhibition was superb and I really loved the quirky charm of Julie Arkells dolls/creatures etc. No photos as I'm never sure about copyright with other peoples work... and I forgot my camera! Met with a special friend for lunch... also known as a close friend of Mr Sock! Mr Sock left a comment about the show on yesterday's post... I have to agree that although the exhibitions are always fantastic, one or two of the traders leave a lot to be desired! No Mr Sock... we will not be naming them!

No photos from yesterday but lots from today. The following are a selection of the work from the fifteen ladies who came to the Machined Textures class at Hertfordshire Embroiderer's guild today. They are all work in progress but even though they are not finished I think there are some wonderful samples. I've had a fabulous day... a very relaxed and friendly class so thank you ladies. I know I've missed out a couple so really sorry about that... I seem to have deleted some too but I'll try to retrieve them tomorrow! Sorry too that they are not all entirely in focus! One day I really will learn how to use this camera.
































































One of the ladies, Jane, had brought with her a delightful tyvek brooch, lovingly hand crafted. I promised to post a photo with a link to her Etsy shop. Unfortunately the photo was so out of focus I didn't want to post it but you can view her lovely things in her shop here... lovealittle.

And when I got home, look what was waiting for me in the post... this beautiful ATC from Sue which is made from silk paper. Thank you Sue!



I think you can all guess what I would like to do now... feet up etc... but we're out to an Auction of Promises for our local scout group this evening. At least I'll get the glass (or two) of wine!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! glad you like the ATC :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.