Thursday 4 October 2007

Tired

Today I feel just a little tired and weary and overwhelmed by so much to do when I would actually like to be stitching. I think it has been a combination of birthday celebrations, planning for a whole weekend of teaching, having workmen in all week which has meant having to work against a backdrop of radio 2 blaring and my front door open... it's been cold! Plus I'm on my third week of getting up at 5.30 am...

...but on the bright side... the new bathroom is almost finished and looks lovely (the boys just have to keep it clean!), it's a whole five days before the next birthday (Ben is 25 on Tuesday) and Joe has got a car tomorrow so I don't have to get up early to take him to work. And if that wasn't enough, this is what greeted me when I walked the dog this morning...

I'm so lucky to be able to walk out of my back garden to this. Not always quite so beautiful when it's wet and there's a wind howling in from the East, but I always appreciate living in such a beautiful location.






I've also spent a large part of today drawing which has been quite cathartic. We've been set an exercise to "Take a line for a walk through a familiar landscape, or the room we are sitting in" So these are my first couple of attempts. This is a corner of my workroom drawn in a continuous line of pencil. The perspective seems all askew and I'm sure the table is not really that large in proportion to the door but it wasn't too bad for a first attempt.




I was then brave and ventured outside... but only into the garden and the corner with my compost bins! This was done in a continuous line of pen, which I prefer to work with.



Perhaps next time I will be brave enough to actually go out... and perhaps not! But for now I think a glass of wine, some knitting and an early night... bliss!

4 comments:

  1. ooh - it makes my take a line for a drawing look highly amateur. I got to enjoy the take a stitch for a drawing part too
    cheers
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your line drawings - it makes me want to have a go. I think it could be the change od seasons that makes us feel out of sorts and unable to get down to our tasks. My friend and I chatted about just the same thing this morning. We both have loads to do but can't quite focus. Dark mornings don't help - especially when they start at 5.30! Hope it gets better for you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. like you I prefer pen and the results are great Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sketches Gina. I also like using a pen for sketching. I must have a go soon, but I'm pretty rusty.
    Love the work in your following post too and would love to swap some time, but just couldn't cope with anything extra just now.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.