Thursday 24 January 2008

Born to Shop

I've said before that I don't really like shopping... and I don't! But some days I just can't help myself! I had to have another dash into Cambridge today to pick up some things Jacob needed for school. While I was there I took the chance to buy some new jeans as all my trousers suddenly seem to have shrunk! Okay if I didn't make and eat so many muffins maybe I wouldn't have this problem. Of course then I had to get a couple of new tops to wear too because all my old ones are too shabby for my new jeans!
Just as I happened to pass through Waterstones (not sure how I got up to the first floor) I spotted this book and remember reading about it on a blog, so had a flick through and it is gorgeous. So of course I had to buy it! I didn't feel too guilty as I had some money for Christmas from my in-laws, so this will be their present to me.



Then I found this rather pretty tissue paper (I've got to wrap my Valentine swap in something nice!) and some lovely grosgrain ribbon with a running stitch edging which is bound to come in useful.



Then I bought some more sock yarn - but that's a present for a friend so it doesn't really count does it?


And finally in the sale bin at John Lewis I found this absolutely gorgeous pure cashmere yarn. I had seen it last week and was tempted but decided to leave it. So when it was still there today it was obviously meant to be! I'm embarassed to admit how much it cost but it was half price and still exorbitant. I don't really know what I'm going to use it for either - perhaps I will just keep it and take it out to stroke occasionally. It's all the fault of "The Friday Night Knitting Club" which I'm halfway through. All that talk of beautiful yarn is too tempting! At that point I couldn't carry anymore so I came home.



I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who said lovely things about yesterday's Zigzag post and I will pass on your messages to the ladies, who I know will be delighted! While I'm saying thank you I've just noticed it will be my 100th post soon so as a very special thank you to you all there will be a "Giveaway" to celebrate my centenary, so keep looking in!


6 comments:

  1. I wish I could do more than basic knitting...but I am a quilter. Love the yarn you got. It looks beautiful. Colleen in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very productive day! The yarn looks beautiful and very strokeable! I took up your recommendation and managed to find "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" in a second hand bookshop so I'm looking forward to the read when I've finished my present light reading. Now it looks like I need to look for another one! BTW 100 posts! Who would have thought it? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good shopping Gina! It's bad when reading a novel makes you go and buy wool though isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great shopping trip for a non-shopper. The yarn looks lovely... yummy.
    Enjoy it all.
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina are you sure the jeans problem is due to weight gain and not a faulty washing machine?. As for the cashmere thread surely that should be regarded as a therapy tool!. When something goes wrong you take it out of the drawer look at it stroke it love it you feel better therefore the cost is of no importance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it a nuisance, when clothes shrink like that? :-O

    Lovely things you got there - makes my mouth water just looking at them. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.