Wednesday 9 January 2008

Lots of Links

First of all I need to thank Julie for giving me this award yesterday. I've never received a blog award before so I was very chuffed. Of course you can't get an award without passing it on and the rules of this are:

"Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times."

This is a tricky one because I read a lot more than ten blogs, all of which are inspiring in one way or another. And top of my list would be Julie's but I'm assuming you can't just pass this award back! So here goes... I would like to pass this award to Lesley, Lesley, Lucy, Dot, Val, Barbara, Helen, Celia, Annica and Mags - all of whom are talented and inspiration women who brighten my day on a regular basis. I'm also assuming that if you get this award more than once you don't have to repeat the process or we will all be going round in circles for days! (It also takes forever putting in all the links!)


Moving on I have some confusion to clear up regarding the knitted shrimp. Although Cat Bordhi makes some wonderful and inspiring knitting patterns based on the moebius strip, the knitted nautiloid was not one of her creations and in fact was the work of Beth Skwarecki (silly me!)



And you'll find all the instructions (completely free) on how to make these fabulous creatures on this website. And in answer to my question "what does one do with a knitted shrimp?" Jude has kindly given me the answer... make potted shrimp of course! I know this is very wicked but I have a desire to knit one in bright pink - as in a sort of "just boiled look!"


Talking of free patterns, before Christmas Jude also sent me the link to make these gorgeous knitted wire napkin rings designed by Rosemary Hill - again on the Knitty website. Before Christmas was not the time to be making such fiddly items but they are on my "To Do" list. You can find the link here.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Gina!! I feel like an Oscar winner - only much more special :)
    Thanks for the shrimp giggles too - potted shrimp and just boiled - fab!! The dog thinks I've gone mad as I'm still laughing.
    Now I have to follow that link to the knitted shrimps....
    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny-the image of potted shrimp will pop into my head when ever it is mentioned again and I will always think of you and yours.Well done with the award it's very apt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you Gina - I'm so pleased my wafflings amuse! It is fun keeping a blog, and I'm amazed that I've kept it going - I've started notes in so many journals over the years and then neglected them. I think it's down to the comments from fellow bloggers - so encouraging when you're working away in a little studio in the back of beyond! And I love seeing what other people are creating.

    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you Gina! I feel really honoured! Can I just say that you make my day too! I love reading your blog especially when those naughty monsters are around! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Gina. I'm blushing here! I love your image of the bright pink shrimp, it gave me a giggle :) I have now got to go and troll through the blogs you have mentioned that I haven't been to before. I may be some time!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.