Monday 7 January 2008

A shrimp!

I'm on a roll with these little camera cases - some more fabrics selected - a bottle green silk (it really is green!) and a quirky little print. I like the idea of having a sophisticated looking fabric on the outside but with something a little wacky inside, just peeping out.


I even managed a trim on this one - a small scrap saved from another project.



And hey presto... another camera case! The colour really is quite nice so I don't know what has happened in these photos! This has now gone into the post as little thank you present. I've already got ideas for my next one but really have got to get some work labelled and packed up ready for Saturday before I do any more sewing. It is the Opus assessment day on Saturday so my first module has to be presented for assessment.



Before I go - I had to share this. My friend Jude has been a little bit poorly so has been passing her time knitting, the result of which is this... a shrimp! It comes from a book by Cat Bordhi called "A Treasury of Magical Knitting" which has all sorts of designs based on the principle of a moebius strip which does rather appeal to the mathematician in me. She has a website www.catbordhi.com where you can see more of her work, which is all quite amazing. Now what one actually does with a knitted shrimp I'm not quite sure - but it is very cute I'm sure you'll agree!

5 comments:

  1. That camera case is lovely and the idea of a knitted shrimp is brilliant! lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful camera case and, again, a lovely choice of fabrics. The knitted shrimp is lovely - I'll have to go and explore that link!
    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your camera case is lovely and I like the fabric you've chosen for the inside. Good luck on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you have chosen for lining the camera case.All the best for Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Gina!! How wonderful is the shrimp! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.