Friday 30 May 2008

More Orange Bags

What does every orange plastic bag dress need? An orange plastic corsage of course!


Despite plans for sleeves and other additions, in the end the dress looked best with just a few simple additions - some straps to keep it up and a corsage. It is now packed up and labelled ready for delivery tomorrow. Some of the dresses will be on display in "The Shop", Jesus Lane, Cambridge over the next few weeks in order to promote the Cambridge University Fashion Show which will be taking place on 19th June at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.

Now I know some of you were expecting to see me model this very fetching garment... and much as I hate to disappoint... it ain't gonna happen! However my friend's 13 year old daughter Sophie, who is very tall, very thin and very beautiful is going to be my model at the fashion show. So there will be pictures of her modelling after 19th June. She tried it on this week and looked stunning but my camera battery was flat - so you'll have to wait!

16 comments:

  1. the dress is gorgeous - and I like it as your image but I will miss the little Gina! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rest my case - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's fantastic, love the zingy orange colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gina, that is stunning, I want to see it in real life, like soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My tall, thin and beautiful daughter also thinks it looks lovely. And I can vouch for how marvellous it is in real life! Wish I could come to the show ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it sewn by YOU??? It's incredible!!! I don't really understand - what is it made of? Plastic? How?:)))) I'm so excited of this:)) Really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The finished dress is fabulous - a feat of engineering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It looks fantastic! the corsage just finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic well done you. You must be feeling very proud of yourself and you deserve to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning - and I see no reason why you shouldn't be the one to model it :)
    Any intention of going upmarket and maybe using Harrods bags next time? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely dress Gina and I'm very disappointed that you will not be modeling it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love this. I am sure it will be the highlight of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dress is stunning ... gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's amazing Gina! just so different - I love the skirt part (was obsessed by those lantern thingies at Christmas time especially as we weren't allowed them for some reason)and it's all so... so... ORANGE!!!!! amazing :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.