Tuesday 13 May 2008

Preoccupied

I've been absent for a few days because I've been a little preoccupied. Opus assessment day is looming and there are projects to be finished, forms to be filled in and notes to be updated. So a little glimpse of what's been going on. For my final project for "Sculptural Form" I was inspired by a drawing of a cactus I'd made on holiday.



So on Friday I dyed some fabric and threads.

I then embellished some scrim onto the back of the fabric to give some texture.



And the rest of the weekend and all day yesterday was spent hand stitching the whole lot into my cactus inspired vessel. I was grateful that the weather was fine and I could sit outside... but I know now why I usually work on the machine!



I've now got one final project to finish before Saturday (which will be entirely machine stitched!), not to mention the plastic bag knitting and then I've got two weeks off before the start of my next module. Yippee!!

13 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gina that's amazing! You are so very talented! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are wonderful, and such a great idea, it looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these colours are amazing I love the dye colours and the threads look so scumptious. The finished vessel is incredible and would love to see it in real life. All my work and sketchbooks are in now ready for the EV and then the exhibition is just two weeks away ~ the year has gone so fast.

    Anyway good luck with the rest of your work, its always amazing ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh these colours are amazing I love the dye colours and the threads look so scumptious. The finished vessel is incredible and would love to see it in real life. All my work and sketchbooks are in now ready for the EV and then the exhibition is just two weeks away ~ the year has gone so fast.

    Anyway good luck with the rest of your work, its always amazing ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you are a clever blogger. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's a stunning piece Gina well done. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea Gina! The colours are beautiful. Good luck with your assessment, I'm sure you don't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faboulous..... ok, it so is not spelled right, but I'm sure you get the meaning.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your talent is never ending.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina - that is fantastic!! I love fabric made into sculptural forms like that and the colours are fabulous! Bet you're glad to give your fingers a rest after that!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The vessel is fantastic. How in the world did you stitch that?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.