Wednesday 19 November 2008

City & Guilds

Today has been the our last City and Guilds class before Christmas and some of the students have been very good about doing their homework. The first design element we have looked at has been texture and Linda has made this fabulous resolved piece of work. There is no stitch in this but I'm hoping she'll develop it into a stitched hanging... No pressure Linda!

Angela too, has been hard at work and has finished an experimental sample showing manipulation featuring the following three gorgeous samples...




Which she has displayed together on this board.


Not only has Angela been hard at work at her sewing machine she has also been hard at work in the kitchen. Following my post with the coconut and cherry cake a couple of weeks ago Angela emailed me and asked for the recipe. And today she turned up in class with a coconut and cherry cake for us all to share... which I was really pleased about as I didn't get to taste my cake. I should add Angela hates cooking but is obviously very good at it because this was scrummy.


Beats bringing in an apple for the teacher any day!

15 comments:

  1. I want to play with fabric and thread too! And all I'm doing is stuffing gnomes... Luckily there is a life after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great textural pieces.
    How lovely to have cake at the end of your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if Angela actually WENT to school! (Except needlework classes..........).

    I am very proud of her and am sure she draws inspiration from Gina and the other members of the group.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work from two very talented ladies. The whole surface in Linda's work is gorgeous and Angela's display shows just how much work she has done. The cake looks scrummy too. You are obviously an excellent tutor Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you now I love fabric textiles like this. Lovely.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! that first pic looks like a gustav Klimit artwork! Lovely project work. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what gorgeous work - very clever ladies! and cake too! can i come!!!##xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what great work...and that cake in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sample display - just lovely. And as for the cake ... !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout for display. The samples look tres effective like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow - I love that work, so impressive. And the cake looks yummy too. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm, what fab pieces! And cake ... mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gina! This brought back memories of when I did my city & guilds (many moon's ago!) It seems like a different persons life now I feel I have done so much since then.
    Your prize is 75% made, not long now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh! Cake for the teacher! That definitely sounds good! Amazing work too! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely work!

    I'm going to have set the new-found sock knitting obsession aside in the New Year and start to do some stitching again!

    Gorgeous cake....and so much healthier than an apple....

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.