Monday 30 November 2009

A Recipe...

For Frangipane Mince Pies. As several people asked it seemed easier to post it here. It makes about 36 pies.


  • 750g sweet shortcrust pastry ( I actually used 125g butter, 50g caster sugar, 250g plain flour, 1 egg yolk + 2tbsp water and it was just enough rolled out very thin!)
  • large jar of good mincemeat
  • 200g unsalted butter
  • 200g caster sugar
  • 200g ground almonds
  • 50g plain flour
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tbsp brandy
  • flaked almonds
  1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
  2. Grease three 12 hole tart tins. Roll out pastry thinly and cut 36 rounds of pastry to line tins. Leave to rest in fridge while you make the frangipagne.
  3. Beat the butter until soft. Beat in the sugar until pale and fluffy and then beat in the almonds. Mix in the flour, the eggs and finally the brandy.
  4. Half fill the pastry cases with mincemeat and then spoon a heaped teaspoon of frangipagne over the top over each one. Smooth it over and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
  5. Bake for about 20 - 25 mins until golden brown. Serve warm sprinkled with icing sugar.

(Recipe from Richard Bertinet in Times Magazine 21.11.09)

11 comments:

  1. oooh these look nice... feeling festive!?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'll print this one out and search for the time to get those delicious ingredients and do some baking.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum yum yum!

    I'm going to have to try these ones this Christmas.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a thimbleful....

    You are a darling, I was just checking the reference to look up the recipe and lo and behold you saved me the job! Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know I'm just going to love these - yummy frangipane! Gina they will ALWAYS want the Advent Calendar up no matter how old they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 36 pies and there are only two of us!! Such temptation. They do look good and thankyou for posting the recipe. At least I've been able to leave you a comment today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall give this recipe a try in my school holidays. Thank you for the recipe Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Gosh! I'm hyperventilating over here. I'm definitely going to have to try these if I can find the mincemeat. Have you ever made mincemeat? THANK YOU so much for posting your recipe Gina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh yummy! Thank you for the recipe Gina - I'll definitely be making (Dorothy make) these! Lucy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are my very favourite tarts but with jam. We used to call them 'Maids of honour' and then I went to live near the 'Original Maids of honour ' shop near Kew Gardens and never popped in to find out if they were the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina! I have just baked a batch of these .. they are to DIE for!!! yummy! Thanks for the recipie!! Merry Christmas!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.