Saturday 29 May 2010

Crazy...

I forgot to mention that one of the other things in this busy week was Young Embroiderers today. At my very first meeting as leader, nearly two years ago, we made "Crazy Crows" and today we made some more as we are going to have a display at the Embroiderer's Guild Regional Day in Letchworth on 10th July.

Not many of them got finished today as several of the girls were using the crows to try out different embroidery stitches... a sort of modern day sampler! It was quite labour intensive.

The splendid chap below was made by Charlie...
This was Charlie's first ever time at YE so I think she did really well.

As ever, Molly, our youngest member did her own thing and decided she'd rather use buttons for eyes... I think it works quite well! I love the way she always manages to put her own slant on whatever we do.

Fancy trims...

More embroidery, buttons and feathers...

And yet more embroidery stitches.

I'm sure you'll agree, they will make a fabulous display when we exhibit them in July.

At our next meeting we are making a Crazy Scarecow from which to hang our crows... if you live near Letchworth and know any young people who would like to join us... just drop me a line...

17 comments:

  1. They're all fantastic! Lovely and colourful and I think Charlie and Molly have done really well, they'll all look wonderful at the exhibition. You've made me want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely delightful! Wonderful colours! How old are the group members?

    Good luck with the exhibition, they're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These crazy crows are wonderful and what a talented bunch of junior embroiderers you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so refreshing and uninhibited, so lively! :O) They (and of course, YOU) are to be congratulated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are just fabulous. I wish I could do as well! They will look wonderful hanging from a scarecrow. I've popped over from Heather's blog and I'm a Gina too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so exuberant. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, these are simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I might have said this last time too, but I wish there was something like this when I was young, I would have loved it!
    You've done a great job with them Gina.

    Monda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous class for these young people. Their work is wonderful Gina! You must be so proud of them (and of yourself for teaching them).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't they wonderful? I'm amazed at the exuberance and imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I love these. Very clever young people!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful stitches! The Young Embroiderers are well ahead of me!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a thimbleful....

    Delightful work - I bet they were all so excited to take their lovely birds home! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of those little crows are beautiful Gina -- what a fun class! I love how they're all so different!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all great - I am the proud owner of a crazy crow myself - won it from Julie ages ago. I still love him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous - each and every one! I made some of these crows from CPS and they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all so cute. Well done Y E.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.