Saturday 26 November 2011

Pass the Chocolates

I'm sure I've shown you these felt chocolates before... (totally calorie free!)
Well, today we thought they would be a good project for our Young Embroiderers.


Now, I know my girls are good but never for a moment did I think they would do such a brilliant job...


I gave a couple of quick demos and they were away... coming up with their own designs, their own colour schemes and their own decorations to create their very own unique box of chocolates.
I think I should point out that the oldest of these girls are only 11 - 12 and we have some as young as 8.


Every single one was just amazing.


Well done girls... I can't wait to see what you achieve at our next meeting.


It's been a lovely day... thank you!

20 comments:

  1. They are brilliant! We've only just nailed the Girl into bed, so I'll show her tomorrow - I'm sure she'd like to make some too! Are they mostly made from felt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (This from a woman who said she was thinking of cutting back on teaching - and my heart lurched!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous Gina...what a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are sewing with young people. I hear people boast 'I can't thread a needle' whats great about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a lovely day Gina, and thanks for letting me pinch your pictures! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, they really do look good enough to eat. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work worthy of adults. They have obviously been taught well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work ... they obviously have a good teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are truly amazing ....... very clever girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible results Gina, especially from such young embroiderers. Embroidery obviously has a secure future in these talented hands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant work - you must all be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your young ladies did wonderfully well with that project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look fabulous Gina. What a talented bunch you must have there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.