Thursday 15 December 2011

Day :: Fifteen

My day of Christmas shopping yesterday didn't quite turn out as planned and instead I spent several hours at the fracture clinic of the Lister Hospital in Stevenage... my brother came off his motor bike at the weekend.


After much waiting and another x ray, they are still not convinced he has broken his leg so have replaced the back slab he's had on since Monday with a rigid support and he's to wait two weeks before they x ray again and decide whether to plaster. I can't tell you how much I wanted to draw a smiley face on that little bit of knee sticking out but the spoilsport wouldn't let me.


But all was not lost and much progress was made on the knitting. At this rate there might even be a pair ready for Christmas which would make a change from the usual single sock!


And I even got some of these written while I was waiting.


Oh yes, I'm totally in control of all my Christmas preparations. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just off to shake my snow globes again....

14 comments:

  1. OW! I'm glad he's otherwise OK. Having an all-weather cyclist around here I'm all too familiar with nagging worries about ice, slips, falls and broken bones. But that patch of bare knee - go on, I dare you, when he's not looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh dear - I bet that smarts!
    Have caught up on your posts - must make a snowglobe! Especially now that I've finished my moo cards ....
    See ya later x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No, your poor brother! Keep shaking those globes do they help with stress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope he isn't in too much pain. You'd think that it would be easy to see whether or not the bones are broken wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your brother and do hope it isn't a fracture...but the idea of you shaking those snow globes just makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor brother - that could be even more painful than an actual break. Hope he's soon feeling more comfortable.
    I wrote all my cards yesterday. Love the socks - now go shake your booty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A shock for you all so sending best wishes but good to see t he sock you are knitting will match the splint

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor chap Gina. you'll have to sneak up on his knee when he's asleep! hope the bike's okay too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh poor bruv - wishing him a speedy recovery. Hopefully he'll ditch riding on a motorbike now.......

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Off to shake your snowglobes! made me titter!
    Sorry to hear about your brother, hope his leg mends ok.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a spoil sport your brother is.
    I'm not at all prepared for xmas I haven't written a single card yet. I have never been so far behind before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your poor brother but abit mean of him not to letyou do the smiley face!!! The socks look great so someone will have a present! Actually at this point in time your brother only requires one sock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, not good news. I hope your brother makes good progress and that the leg isn't broken.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.