Monday 5 March 2012

Big News... Big Trip!

Lots of news that is getting me quite excited at the moment. First of all I have finally set up and sent out my very first email newsletter. This might not seem exciting to most of you but it has been something I've wanted to do for long time as a way of keeping those who might be interested up to date with what I'm getting up to professionally. For months I have diligently collected email addresses from classes that I've taught around the country with promises of a regular newsletter but it has never quite happened. So it feels like quite an achievement to get the first one done and sent. What's more I've added a button to my sidebar so anyone can sign up... please feel free!

***

My second bit of exciting news is my big trip... did I mention I've got a big trip coming up? I think most people will have guessed by now but in less than three weeks I'm going to be heading out to the other side of the world... to see my son Joe in New Zealand. It is almost two years since I've seen him so this is very exciting indeed!


Unfortunately Stewart cannot get the time off to come with me but I'm going with my Mum which will be lovely. We're heading to Auckland where Joe is now living and then planning a tour around the North Island. He's got time off work to come with us so I'll get to see him for two whole weeks. I'm not sure I should trust him with our itinerary though... in his last email he suggested we go black water rafting. Wonder whether my Mum will be up for that!

***

So the last bit of news... my final matchbox to go in my shop. In keeping with my planned trip, this time I have made a travel journal.


It is packed inside it's very own vintage suitcase.


A tiny multiple signature book, traditionally stitched and bound...


covered with a map of the world...


and trimmed with book cloth


In my shop now... if you hurry! (I'm reluctant to let this one go!)
If you have ordered a book from me but haven't decided your theme yet please let me know as I would like to get as many made as I can before I go away. And when I come back there might be news of a second edition of books.

24 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you Gina, how lovely to spend time with your boy.
    You'll be bungy jumping and allsorts! ;)
    I think this is my favourite of your matchboxes, such a cute little suitcase. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous Gina, how excited you must be and a perfect little match book to go with your news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting, you lucky, lucky girl. I know you'll have a wonderful trip. Your little travel book is perfect - and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much excitement can one woman take?!! Congratulations on your email newsletter, and how thrilling to see your son again after such a long time, and get a trip to New Zealand out of it too! Lovely that your Mum can go with you.
    The suitcase book is wonderful and I bet it has gone before I get to your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to see Joe again, the two weeks will fly by. You will come back full of inspiration. I cant wait to go back there agin, could be a long wait though!! Love your liitle journal in the suitcase, still thinking about what book I would like, but happy to wait until after your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very clever thing, Gina. That book is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! To see your son after so long and also to explore NZ -- I've always wanted to go there, along with Australia.
    The book in a suitcase is really beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My your moccasins walk many happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, it's a beautiful book. Well done for all your hard work. Your trip will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn, another one missed! I shall keep my fingers crossed for the second edition...

    I guessed that you would be going to see Joe, you've been a long time without him. You'll have a wonderful time there and how nice that your Mum goes with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful news about your trip and seeing your son Joe again, you must be jumping out of your skin with excitement. I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. Shame you can't pop over to Australia while you're there, would love to meet up with you ... maybe the next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderfully exciting prospect- you must be finding it hard not to wish the days away until you are on that plane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your news is just sooooo exciting!!!!!!! This book is so clever and wantable. You have made the most lovely collection of boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am hugely excited on your behalf about the trip.

    And, ooooh, I have just remembered I saw some world map fabric in John Lewis the other day that would be perfect for a grown up sized travel journal ... I have to admit i was glad I chanced upon this post too late to buy the tiny travel book because I had such a huge case of the wanties when I saw it and i really mustn't buy any more (yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the book. Good luck with the newsletter I think it's a grat idea.
    I'm sure you will have a great time in New Zealand, I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab book - wish I'd bought it! How exciting about New Zealand, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time - with or without the rafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great book with your travels in mind....forget the bungee jumping, there's more than enough to see and do. It will be so wonderful to see Joe after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Gina on the success of your book project, you have worked so hard on them. How wonderful for you to be going to see your son in New Zealand, I hope you have made yourself a book to record your adventures although I'm sure it will need to be a bit larger than the one that fits in a matchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful book. You must feel so excited about going to New Zealand. I hope that you all have a marvellous time together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've so enjoyed the story of your books. Its a great idea and a tribute to your versatility. Good luck with teh exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your books just get better and better Gina! I loved the Rob Ryan inspired one but I think this is my favourite. You must be so excited about your trip - I hope you have a fabulous time xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.