Wednesday 23 May 2012

Pink Stars

Tomorrow sees the last class in what has been a six week run of twice weekly book making classes.


I've really enjoyed teaching book making which has been a pleasant diversion from machine embroidery, although I admit that when I signed up to teach these classes I had no idea that I would be embarking all the miniature books at the same time.


As a result I'm a bit "booked out". But we are finishing the class with an enjoyable little book structure... a star book.


Made with multi-coloured nesting pages that open out...


like a star!


This morning I set about making another one.


Pretty pink and purple pages



nestled inside covers decorated with roses and held together with a silk ribbon.


But what the photos don't show is that this one is barely 3cm x 4.5 cm and fits inside a matchbox.


One more closer to my target!
Don't forget those jubilee books are still up for grabs... with another one added to the shop each day until Monday!

10 comments:

  1. The star books are so lovely, especially when such care has gone into selecting the coloured papers. The matchbox one is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally intrigued by all the different types of books you can make. I intend to make it a summer goal to investigate them more.Can you recommend any books to get me started ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Gina. your bookmaking is so neat and tidy. lovely pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, lovely star books. Have never made one of those as I think it might require careful measuring... not my strong suit... and making it in a smaller version as well...you are a glutton for punishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! Amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me of a book my daughter received as a child, probably a Flower Fairy book, it used to hang from the ceiling until she wanted to hear the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is truly beautiful! Keep going... you are nearly there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for youer excellent teaching at the class Gina. I really enjoyed making these little books and feel I have learnt lots of new skills. Your tiny books are just exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fiddly size to make!!! It's sweet. Enjoyed the course, thanks Gina.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.