Tuesday 15 January 2013

Little Things are Cute


Sunday evening camped on the sofa with my knitting and this is what I made. The cutest little baby hat... because Stewart's nephew and his partner are having their first baby in March. As we are planning a trip up north of the border next month and will be seeing them, I felt the urge to knit baby things.


And because it really did knit up in just one evening I now have the urge to knit lots more baby things. Last night I finished a pair of matching booties (but it was too dark to photograph them) and today I bought some yarn to make a jacket.


I think I could be tempted to knit baby stuff even if there wasn't a baby on the way... because little things are just so cute!
 

You can find the free pattern here should you be so inclined!

17 comments:

  1. aw that's so cute Gina. I'll have to put that pattern into my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, it looks like a small aubergine! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, this little hat is very very cute!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that really is adorable. Might have to head off and explore that link right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hat is completely beautiful! I adore the colours.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous baby hat, I'll have to add it to my queue of baby knits........I have a grandchild expected in March.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby will be so well dressed. I love the hat and that little stalk at the top. He or she will look so adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! :)
    There s a joy in knitting little things, seeing them finished quickly . I would never ever knit myself something to wear as I would be bored with it before it was finished.
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby is going to look like a cute little pixie in that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous, she'll look so swish in this and the colours are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore the hat as you say makes you want to knit it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaahhhh that's so cute. Thanks for the link I could be tempted to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. VERY cute! I love baby knits -- I keep hoping there will be a baby around here sometime so I can get lots of baby knit practice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet hat and knitting baby things is so rewarding - they work up so quickly and, like you say, are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.