Saturday 30 March 2013

An Easter Bunny

You know what's it's like... a friend sends you a link, you click on it and then just know you've got to try it yourself... it happened with this.
 
 
The tiniest little knitted bunny that can be worn as a brooch... just what every well dressed person is wearing this Easter

 
But not only that, because it is knitted in the round, it has a secret compartment that can hold a tiny emergency Easter egg.

 
For something so tiny it took a silly amount of time to knit... and was not the easiest pattern to follow...

 
but despite that, they do seem to be breeding!

 
I think I have the urge to knit bunnies out of my system now but should you fancy making one to dress your Easter lapel... just a couple of tips.
  • Where the pattern says w5 it suggests moving the 2 stitches from left to right needle and back again five times as you wrap them... it takes forever and it is far easier just to slip the 2 stitches from the left needle onto a spare dp needle, wrap them and then pop them back onto the right needle.
  • To increase it suggests picking up the loop between the stitches which is impossible when trying to do this between previously wrapped stitches. Just knit into the back and front of the stitch.
  • Round 15 RS should read: p5, k3. w5, k1, k2tog... it needs the extra k1 before the k2tog because there are 13 stitches on the needle not 12.
  • Round 17: after you have followed the instructions for the right side you will have a stitch left on the needle . Just slip this to the beginning of the wrong side and carry on following the instructions.

 
Have a happy Easter whether you decide to knit bunnies or not!
I'm just going to eat chocolate.

20 comments:

  1. Gina-ious!! Reading that pattern is totally mind baffling to me. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina-ious!! Reading that pattern is totally mind baffling to me. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bunnies with their pockets for emergency eggs!
    I think I'll settle for a cake decorated with mini eggs - I could feel my brain addling as I read your instructions even though I am sure they are helpful to proficient knitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun project. Happy Easter, looking forward to seeing what you bake. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness they are so sweet, I could just be tempted! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoo hoo Gina....who would have thought something so tiny could be so well shaped. Thanks for the corrections that you've printed. I expect I shall have to have a go at this! lol I was very taken with the shawl too. It's been a while since I've done any lace knitting.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little Easter Bunnies they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bunnies are gorgeous. Not sure that I'd make one just finished the cupcakes, I made 3 and each one is different.
    The hot cross buns in your previous post look so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! We will remain bunny-less here though ... I'd have nothing for them to do, we've eaten the mini eggs already ... oops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shan't bother, I am having enough trouble with a pattern from Ravelry, turns out that it has been written wrongly and not corrected. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute!!!
    One should always carry an emergency egg! ;)
    I think I'm about bunnied out at the moment too, so it's chocolate for me this Easter as well! :)
    Happy Easter Gina,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina, the entire concept of an emergency (chocolate) egg is a delight. I don't think that I will be trying to find my way through the pattern that delivers those cuter than cute bunnies, but I do know that I plan on having a Cadbury Creme Egg as part of my Easter breakfast.

    How quickly Lent flew past.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could have done with an emergency easter egg last night when my two informed me that they wondered what the Easter Bunny would bring them because the big eggs they had chosen, and accompanied me to buy were from me ... I thought they had stopped believing - whoops! EB left cash this year. Not sure they were impressed ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'd rather just eat the chocolate please Gina! Happy Easter to you all. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute. I wish I had that pattern 20 years ago, it would have been an absolute hit in the birthday party bags I used to make. (Our eldest daughter's birthday is always around Easter). I don't know if I will have a go on it now, but thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohmygosh!
    Those are just adorable -- they would be perfect for little Easter presents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delightful but I shall pass on making them...WAY too complicated for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad I'm not really into knitting! Cute rabbits though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gina these bunnies are amazing ... and a secret compartment for chocolate could never be wrong. Since Easter is now done, I'm not sure I'll give these a go, but they're tempting! Love the pale coloured bunnies that show up the bobbles :) Thanks for agonizing through these and writing out your amendments. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just know that by the time I'd finished knitting the bunny, I would have eaten all the eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.