Saturday 2 March 2013

Potted Plants

We had our Young Embroiderer's meeting today and when I saw these felt African Violets in a book of felt sculptures I knew it would make an excellent project for the youngsters just a week before Mother's Day.
 
 
The original pattern had a felt flower pot too but I rather liked the idea of putting them into a real flower pot... clay would have been preferable but with cost in mind I opted for plastic!

 
It was always going to be a bit ambitious to finish the project in just one day, but today was a special meeting as it overlapped with our monthly "old" embroiderers' meeting. It was a chance for our Guild members to see what the girls get up to and to introduce the youngsters to the Embroiderer's Guild. It was also a chance for some of our older members to help out with the stitching of leaves and flowers and as a result there were some finished plants.

 
We had been teasing Abigail that she never finishes anything so she was quite determined to get hers done today. Admittedly there were less flowers and stitching than originally planned but I don't think it detracts from the finished result..

 
I'm fairly certain than the plant above was finished by Heather (but I'm having a senior moment and can't remember even though it was only a couple of hours ago). And the plant below was made by Shaan who made her Mum wait while she finished it!

 
I think all the girls did really well and hope the other ten get finished before next Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. The flower pots of flowers are really lovely, you must have worked very hard. I'm very sorry I didn't get to see you all.
    Annya

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls did really well and I'm sure their Mums will be delighted. Very pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely present for a mum to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done girls! African Violets can be tricky to keep alive, so these will solve all the problems. Lots of proud and happy Mums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're lovely, I always really enjoy seeing what the girl make! :)
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be really pleased if my daughter made one of these for me. A lovely idea they must have had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are going to be a few teary Mums nest Sunday, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seventh and final attempt at leaving a comment. Is it blogger or is it me???
    It was a really lovely day yesterday, and the girls should all be very proud of their stitching skills. As you said, they hardly need us now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh good it worked that time. Have been catching up on your posts - the mosaic heart plaque is lovely (and I bet the mosaic coaster you mentioned was the same one I got free with Inspirations magazine years ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super idea Gina and it looks like it was enjoyed by all. Lucky Mums I say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a super project, they must have enjoyed themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.