Sunday 3 March 2013

Red Nose Day Dolls

I am quite sure that you cannot have been reading blogs over the past few weeks and still be unaware of the fabulous Red Nose Day Dolls... a wonderful fund raising project thought up by Emma Mitchell and Ros Badger... all to raise money for Comic Relief.
 
 
Creative bloggers have been busy making some brilliant clothes and accessories for the four hand crafted dolls which are going to be auctioned on ebay on 7th March. I thought that maybe I was too late to help but then Emma suggested that perhaps I could make an apron... you never know when one of those dolls might fancy whipping up a cake a or two after all.

 
So I have spent a rather lovely Sunday making not one, but two tiny aprons.

 
Miniature versions of my bigger apron.... although I think I prefer the little ones!

 
And all the time I've been remembering what fun it used to be making dolls clothes for my Sindy doll all those years ago!

 
 
And it looks as though the dolls have already been busy baking!

 
Making cakes for their picnic I suspect!

 
I'm thinking of trying to write out the pattern for these little cakes (should anyone be interested?) then you could make your own miniature picnic.... although that will be a blog post for another day.

 
Meanwhile, you can find out lots more about the Red Nose Day Dolls by reading their blog... or following on Facebook or Twitter. And if you want to help with the fundraising you can do it here!

26 comments:

  1. The pinnies are lovely Gina - definitely what the well dressed baking dolly should be wearing. And yes please for the crochet cake pattern. Maybe you could sell them at your bake sale, and online for a donation to Red Nose Day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, there is something wonderful about things in miniature!
    They are amazing and I love the little cakes too. They really are very lucky little dolls.
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying seeing what everyone has made for the dolls and I must say, everything has been exquisite. Cute idea, the aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little aprons are so sweet. I don't think I'd be any good at crocheting tiny cakes - I had enough trouble making life sized knitted ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little pinnies & cupcakes look adorable. We have a red nose day here in Australia itis to raise money & awareness for SID's Sudden infant death syndrom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Gina, they couldn't be any more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pinnies , yes to mini cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gina, I hadn't realised you were another member of the RNDD team :)

    These are just the most delightful little aprons .. lucky, lucky dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina, you've done it again! What clever and adorable doll-sized aprons, and the cupcakes are a fabulous touch.

    Emma and Roz have certainly summoned up loads of creativity...the auction of these tiny items is going to be a giant success.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful tiny aprons.... and I was having trouble trying a pot holder....more practice required.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done - congratulations on getting involved in this fabulous fundraising project - truly inspiring. J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you combine applique and text. Those aprons are too good to wear in anger....but maybe not if you're a dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Gina! Those are ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those aprons are so cute - and the cupcakes look yummy. I can't crochet, so I shan't be trying them, but I am sure others would love the pattern. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those aprons are delightful Gina! I love tiny things! Whoever buys these dolls is going to have so many treasures. Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are really lovely - what a nice way to spend a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the tiny aprons and cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great creative community project. and I love your tiny aprons and cakes, Gina. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such sweet pretty aprons! Good luck with the red nose day!xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! I'm a new follower and just wanted to quickly say that the book "The Fine Colour of Rust" has been making the rounds between UK, US & now Canada (me). I thought you might enjoy that little fact as it seems to have early on started its pass-along life with you. Anyway, will be back later to have a slower, more enjoyable read around your beautiful blog! Have a great day :) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. PS all the best to your fundraising auction for Red Nose Day ... the aprons are adorable!! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gina these little aprons are stunning! These red nose day dolls are so lucky to have such beautiful aprons and buns, like you say perfect for a bake off!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All the aprons are lovely but the little ones are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The aprons are gorgeous and I really love the machine embroidery/applique on the fronts. They are going to be some very well kitted out dolls!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.