Thank you all kindly for your good wishes and as indeed "all things do pass" there was an improvement as the week went on.
- I managed to finish off several of these embroidered button samples. I hold my hands up and say these are not my own original idea but I have made enough embroidered buttons in the past and have seen enough examples from numerous different people that I felt it would be okay to use them for a class I am teaching at Textiles in Focus in Cottenham on Friday. I would have said hurry up and book your place but fortuantely for me both classes are full. However it is still worth going to this fabulous three day show if you are are within travelling distance so maybe see you there.
- I had a trial run of my next round of the Cambridge Bake Off which is to cook and decorate a chocolate cake of my own choosing in two and half hours in the kitchens of the Cambridge Cookery School. I managed it, just, in my own kitchen and my tasters approved ( I haven't actually tasted it myself) but I was disappointed with certain aspects... like all those darn chocolate ribbons broke! So I do feel I need a couple more trial runs... but I'm not sure I can face it...
- Because after making the cake I came over feeling rather peculiar and then spent the next 48 hours shivering and aching in my bed trying desperately not to panic at the thought of our forthcoming pantomime... no such thing as understudies in AmDram! I was convinced I had flu. Fortunately whatever it was, came as quickly as it went... although it has left me with with no stomach for chocolate!
- So although I was still feeling somewhat wobbly yesterday, Gill and I rearranged our trip that we were meant to have last week and we went into London to see the Isabella Blow exhibition which was far better than I had expected and worth seeing for the amazing Philip Treacy hats if nothing else, although being a huge fan of Alexander McQueen I loved the dresses too. I found the exhibition quite a moving tribute to someone who on the surface seemed to be leading a charmed life but in reality was obviously very unhappy
- And now the rest of the week which is going to be dominated by our Pantomime with technical and dress rehearsals today and tomorrow and first performance on Thursday. Still feeling a tad wobbly which doesn't bode well for a week spent on these heels... Wish me luck but please don't say "break a leg"
I promise more photos later in the week!