Sunday 19 October 2014

Still busy...

I knew that teaching two City and Guilds classes would keep me busy but I don't think I was prepared for just how busy two consecutive weekends at Missenden Abbey would actually be... all that packing and unpacking of bags has kept me so occupied I've not blogged for over a week! Not that I have had time to do very much that seems worth blogging about. So instead this is a picture heavy post of just a fraction of my C & G students' work.
 
When I do posts of my students' work I never get as many comments as with some other posts so maybe they are not so popular... but my students do like to see their work pictured here and they also like to receive your feedback just as much as I do, so please do let them know if you like what they've done!
 
 
Last weekend I had my year two students back after the summer break and was delighted to see some of the projects they had completed. Linda has finished this stunning wall hanging and Mara has made this fabulous little stitched and knitted wire vase complete with flowers.

 
Linda made this corsage for her knitted wire sample...

 
Jane made a whole range of beautiful book covers just because she could... not even part of the course!

 
And Mara completed this stunning Indian inspired bag to show a range of automatic stitch patterns.

 
Fast forward to this weekend, where twelve new students were ready to embark on their two year City & Guilds journey. The standard of work after just two days has already been amazing, so I can't wait to see what they will be doing after their summer break next year.

 
Stitching in progress from Claire and Shirley...

 
and Penny.

 
And little finished landscape samples from Penny...

 
Judy...

 
Diane...

 
Chris...

 
and Chris (we have two ladies called Chris!)

 
And just to show you it's not just been students' work around here in the past week.. a little lace bag sample that I made for Tuesday's machine embroidery class.

 
And some poppies as well as daisies.

 
There were also some peanut butter caramel brownies... but we ate them... yes all 24 of them... and I didn't think that the crumbs left in the cake tin looked all that photogenic!

23 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore all of that work! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing range of work, from both groups, just a pleasure to see it - oh, and yours of course, love the little bag.

    Pity we didn't get to see the brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on the first group of pictures in facebook, so no point in repeating myself :) It is amazing to see a simple concept taken such as the landscapes and re-worked to show such different outputs. They are simple, yet effective

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I have always said, they respond to your ability as Tutor. All the things are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great work, but then you are an inspirational teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely selection of work for all students! I've just embarked on extending my C&G, unfortunately not with C&G and I'm not sure I'm going in the right direction! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work - I love the teasels. I admire the skill of knitting with wire but hate the technique myself. The book covers are super as are the other stitched pieces, and landscapes are always a winner for me. You have a very talented bunch of students.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, I especially love the first image!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspired work from all of your students, Gina. I saw the landscapes on FB and thought they were terrific! (Not used that word in a long time) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic range of work, and it is always interesting to see what different people do from the same starting point. Even so early on with the Y1 students, you can see colour preferences, and spot those who choose to tweak the group task in their own way eg the petals not squares on water sol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would happily hang Linda's wall hanging on my wall! I even know where exactly I would hang it. I also love your little sample bag. I must stop frittering away my time with house work and explore the embroidery functions on my sewing machine. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely work, I have been admiring them on Facebook. Very inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great pieces, I especially like the thistles/teasels in the first picture, and your bag too, the poppies are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy seeing what your students make. Everything here is so creative and it amazes me what great ideas they have. The first wall hanging is gorgeous! I really liked the knitted wire, although I can't imagine knitting with wire myself. It has such a cool effect when worked up. Creating fabric landscapes is something I've always wanted to try. Great work all round! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's all so beautiful and extremely creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the landscapes. Seeing your posts on Twitter & facebook too, looks like you have been working very hard. Great that you got your own work done too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work from your students - it must make all that packing and unpacking worthwhile. Brownies sound good - similar to one of Jill's I sampled yesterday - they were peanut and salted caramel brownies, not sure if they had peanut butter though xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you've started off well with a new batch of students. I love Mara's beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh Gina, your students really have caught the embroidery torch you've given to them. What lovely creations!

    I really love those lace bags you've made. The designs are quite interesting and the embellishments work perfectly.

    the poppies are grand!

    I can only imagine how delicious the brownies were. Caramel!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. well I think there's some fabulous textural creativity going on there Gina. you have a very clever and innovative couple of groups. I particularly love the wall hanging by Linda. must try knitting with wire one day just for the hell of it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love to see your students work - and what a talented lot they are too! Your little daisy and poppy bags are delightful - hours of work there, I think! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your students' work is impressive and I always enjoy these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great work from your students. It's always good to see the work that people do in your class.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.